Our Commitment to Privacy
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
How We Use Your Information
Disclosure of Your Information
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Our Commitment to Data Security
How to Contact Us
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
This Policy applies to information we collect:
On the site.
In email, text and other electronic messages between Site visitors and the Site.
Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provide dedicated, non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through other means, including on any other website operated by a third party; or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information Collected Automatically.
Non-personal information is information that does not personally identify you and can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Site. This information can include:
IP addresses (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet). Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Site, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others and to track the use of our Site. IP addresses are considered non-personal information and may also be shared as provided above. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; that is, the visitor’s session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us.
The type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
The third-party website from which your visit originated.
The domain name of your Internet service provider.
The search terms you use on our Site, the specific web pages you visit and the duration of your visits.
We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, store information about your Site use preferences (allowing us to customize our Site according to your interests), to speed up your on-Site searches, to recognize you when you return to our Site and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personally identifying, anonymous information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit White Castle, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information You May Choose to Provide to Us.
The Site collects only that personally identifiable information which is submitted voluntarily by you, and White Castle Las Vegas uses such information only for the purposes for which it was submitted, as further explained herein. The information you choose to provide us through use of our Site may include both non-personal information and personally identifiable information such as:
- Information that you may provide by filling in forms on our Site at the time of registering for promotions or certain services offered through our Site. This information might include information such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to optional surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
Mobile Alerts/Promotional Text Messages.
White Castle will not contact you by text message without your prior express written consent. White Castle will not sell or share your mobile phone number with unaffiliated parties other than with third-party messaging service providers with whom White Castle has contracted. By submitting your mobile phone number and expressing your consent to a text messaging marketing campaign, alert service, or the like, you agree to the terms of that promotion, which likely include that White Castle may send to you updates or offers, information about promotions, new menu items, merchandise, events, and other relevant information by text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages or notifications by following the opt-out instructions included with all such messages or by calling 1-800-THE-CRAVE toll free.
ONLY INDIVIDUALS THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER MAY REQUEST EMAIL UPDATES OR MOBILE ALERTS/PROMOTIONAL TEXT MESSAGES.
We may, at various times, use the Site to collect information for contests, promotions or sweepstakes. When you enter information for any such contests, promotions or sweepstakes, you will be subject to the official rules of that particular promotion. You may also receive informative email messages as a result of your entrance unless you have chosen to opt out of receiving such messages, either at the time of sign up or in accordance with the opt-out instructions included with the informative message(s) delivered to your email inbox. Winners may be required to return a completed prize acceptance form contained in the notification email by facsimile or U.S. mail and/or to execute (without limitation) tax acknowledgement forms, affidavits of eligibility, liability releases and publicity releases (except where prohibited by law) within a designated time period. Please see the Official Rules located on the respective submission page of the Site for complete details.
Contact Us Information.
If you choose to contact us, we may collect information potentially including your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and your suggestion, question, comment or customer service request. We use the information to process your suggestion or customer service request. We will also use this information to improve our products and services. For more information, please see the Terms and Conditions for Site Use (.
Third-Party Service Providers, Material or Links.
If you would like to become a White Castle Las Vegas employee, you may choose to submit an employment application online through the “Job Opportunities” or other similarly titled Site link. All information entered by you through the Employment function of the Site is collected by a third-party service provider responsible for collecting the information and matching the information with White Castle job openings. The information collected through the application will be used by the service provider to match your credentials with White Castle job openings, of which you will be informed via your email address. If you choose to have your information remain anonymous, your personal information submitted through the Employment pages will not be shared with White Castle Las Vegas without your permission. White Castle is not responsible for the security of the information while retained exclusively by the third party service provider and is not liable for any breach of that security.
Public Forums/User Contributions.
Information of Others.
If you choose to submit the information of someone other than yourself without White Castle’s knowledge, the information will be handled in accordance with this Policy. You, however, are solely responsible and liable for any claims relating to your submission and use of that information.
Our Site and the features, programs, promotions and other aspects of our Site requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Do not provide any personal information unless you are at least 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us as provided in this Policy. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscriptions.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties for the support of our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of White Castle’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by White Castle about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- [To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have [consented to/not opted out of] these disclosures. [We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.]
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. [For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.]
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of White Castle, our customers or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from White Castle. If you do not wish to have your email address used by White Castle to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out at any time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to Generalfeedback@whitecastle.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how this Site responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. We do not currently take any actions with respect to received Do Not Track signals.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For other information or questions regarding changing information that we have about you, please contact us at (702) CASTLE-1, or click on the “Contact Us” link located on our Site. You may also reach us at:
White Castle Vegas
3440 W Russell Road,
Las Vegas NV 89118
Copyright© 2015, White Castle Las Vegas.
All rights reserved.